Local Punks

Friday, November 19, 2010

Jolly good show.

The Beat Dolls. show was good last night.  Before it started I had a chance to walk over to Stubbs and got to hear a few Social Distortion songs.  They went way back at the start of the set.  They played The Creeps, Mommy's Little Monster, and Another State of Mind before I had to head back to Flamingo Cantina.  I wish that I could have gone in, but duty called. 
I am very glad to say that I don't have to play bass anymore with The Beat Dolls.  It kills my hands.  Most of their songs are fast and have what I call sprinting bass lines.  They aren't particularly difficult, it's just when you have to do them all back to back that makes my hands hurt.  Never rehearsing with them doesn't help either.   I am way more comfortable in front of the Mondelos with my favorite guitar in my hands.  I am glad that they found a bassist that is a good fit for them.  Check them out next year with the new guy, Barry.
The balloon drop was funny.  I wish we could have done it during the set, but we were running short on time.  For any of you bands considering doing the Psycho Hoot night with Johnny Hootrock, be advised that it's not an even split of stage time, they go on for 2 hours. 
Oh yeah, I did get to see Social D. in their tour bus while I was at Stony's Pizza(mmm).  Big bus and a big trailer, it must be nice.  And, later a guy and a girl come in with some Mike Ness autographed stuff.  They had a drum head and a Beat Dolls cd signed by him.  It was all that they had when they saw him so they gave it to him, and he scribbled on it.  Pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment