Local Punks

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Showtime!

In our triumphant second gig since the Warped Tour in July, the Mondelos will be at Headhunter's on the inside stage at 10:30 tonight with Jane Doe Eyes.  We've had zero communication with the club as usual. 

I don't know the guys that booked us, and I don't have a great feeling about this.  I just finished shining my shoes and am about to change my strings while watching a Johnny Cash DVD to complete my ritual. 

Every time that we've played there, they have spelled our name wrong.  Up on the sign, it's always spelled wrong, the chronicle spells it wrong, every DO512, or other website spells it wrong, it's just always wrong.  It really shows the lack of professionalism that goes into things these days.  It's not that hard.  No double or silent letters, just like it sounds...The Scary Mondelos.

Ernesto has to  play two sets back to back as a guitarist and then drummer.  That's hardcore because he doesn't ever stop moving.  Maybe he'll have to hold back a little tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment